Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Laura J Perin Lilac Collage Failed Experiment

I have loved Perin designs for years.  I even collected a handful over the years.

The problem is that I don't like working on canvas.  I am not sure what it is about canvas that I don't like but I hope I get over it because converting the design to cloth just didn't work.

Here is the final clipping, the 5th start/restart  and 2 days of counting, recounting, frogging, picking and reworking  some of the adjacent rows to the center section.  I had also done more portions of the center lilacs 4 times before this picture to check over 1? over 2? back to 1? back to 2?  It must have been watching Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy during this which kept me calm.

In the past I was able to work some needlepoint patterns on cloth.  This wasn't one of them.  I finally gave up and found some websites which sold the listed ingredients.

While I was at it, I ordered a consolation chart from Laura J Perin's website .  I love so many of her designs.  I just hope I will overcome whatever I have against canvas because now I have one more piece in my want to start immediately  - or as soon as supplies get here - pile: Lahaina Breezes.  

I don't know if my stubbornness will get me to restart Lilac Collage or if I will just move on to the newest bright shiny in my collection, but whichever it is, I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment