Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wipocalypse #4 recap

I have made some posts on my wip work this past month but not all of them.  I have been busier stitching than posting which is a good thing in some ways but bad in other ways because the posts help me keep track on what I have been working on - otherwise it all blends together and it feels like I got nothing done.

Old wips worked on for this reporting cycle:

Martina Weber's Egyptian Mandala:

This piece is so slow going, so labor intensive that it doesn't give  much of a sense of progress even after you spend hours  working on it.  I would love to have this more than halfway finished by the end of the year.  I hold no illusions about actually finishing it this year.

Ink Circles: Croakworth:

I reported on this in more detail previously.  I stopped at over half way because I could not make up my mind about combining this piece with the companion piece Quackworth.  I cut the cloth to put the two on top of one another, combining them into a longer piece.  

 But now, I am changing my mind.  I don't have the heart to cut that much cloth off the piece but I will have to.   I want the 2 of them stitched then framed separately.  I will feel better about it when I find something else to put on the cloth trimmed off.

  I think that was it for older pieces as I was obsessed with the Laura Perin piece - which only qualifies as an old collected pattern which had been in my stash forever.


In catching up on some of my blog reading on other stitchers I am reminded of some more old WIPS of mine which haven't seen progress for ages but look so wonderful as other stitchers work on theirs.  Maybe my old huge Prairie Schooler ABC blocks can come out to play for the next update.  It has 4 foot scroll rods.  I will need some vacation days, I think.

Or maybe just more work on Egyptian.  There is always more work to be done on Egyptian.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the blue colors and all the detail. Wonderful work =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I know what you mean on those Chats and progress, but it does all add up and before you know it, it will be done. Croakworth is too cute. I hadn't seen that pattern before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both so pretty. Love Egyptian Garden... those blues are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely WIPs! I have stitched Croaksworth and I am stitching Egyptian Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work and so different from each other.
    Keep going.

    Happy Easter,

    Hugs Yvon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely Egyptian ... would love to see more progress on it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both pieces are really lovely. Love the blue in the madala and the colours in the second one are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the Ink Circles piece, they do great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two really beautiful pieces. Can't wait to see more of both. Happy stitching!

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete