First up: Gayle Bicknell's Pieces of Eight.
Eight more octagons finished. 1 stalled for changes. Eight more to go.
I stalled on this last one because the colors listed in the instructions are not the colors that look pictured - but I know how misleading that can be given how out of whack my own pictures are which never photograph the cloth colors the way they actually look.
I thought the dark green would work as it is a part of the multi color NN which shows up in a few blocks above it but I finally decided it looks too dark. When I pick it up later in May I will clip out what's there to replace it with a lighter green. From there, I may even be able to zip through the final 8 for another Wipocalypse finish...unless I get to another color decision.
Martina Weber's Egypt Garden MandalaI am thrilled about the progress on this one, too. I had 2 vacation days which I spent mostly stitching. Not the best picture but I was in a hurry as the camera battery was running down.
I am finally out of the inner sections (except for a few stitches and beads here and there). I am out on the golden sections with trees, pillars and other scenes.
I can't believe I am seeing progress. I think at one point it was hopeless to think I would ever get anything done on this. Now I dare to think I might get it finished. It gets more beautiful as it progresses. Even family members are beginning to comment on it as it doesn't let look like a blue blob.
Nora Corbett: J FairyI wanted to work on something small for the instances where I didn't have much time to haul out a bigger project with a lot of components. I thought this would fit the bill. It didn't really. One evening's work amounted to some over 1 flesh on her arm and shoulder.
For some reason, she wasn't the itch I wanted to scratch this month. I think I still wanted to work on Egypt but I just couldn't haul it all out. I looked at some other small projects I had within reach but nothing screamed to me. I switched to knitting some more on another family snuggly afghan slims.