Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Drawn Thread: North Country Sampler

An early March finish was this old wip of mine: The Drawn Thread's North Country Sampler.
The Drawn Thread North Country Sampler





Stitched on 35 ct linen using most of the listed silks with the addition of  2 Waterlilies silks. 

1 in the  bottom band with the fish.  I did not want a solid colored water background. 

1 in the lettering.

The  rest of the colors may not be in the same position as charted, sometimes due to chart error or my own misreading of the chart symbols.  This has been in process since 2006 - a date which I dared to  stitch in because I firmly believed this was a small enough project that I could surely maintain enough momentum to finish....Suuuuuuuuurrrrrrrre.

What year is it now? 2015?  Hm.  I am not changing the date because in the course of the future 300 years, 9 years isn't so much, right?   Right.  I knew you would understand.

I know you also understand that I had to fight off the urge to change the date or find some other way to incorporate the actual finishing year.   I am getting better in mastering my OCD tendencies.  That only took decades. 

I will have the same problem with the date when I again work on The Drawn Thread's  Gameboard with all the little houses on it.  I stitched in the date I expected to finish on that one, too.  That date had a couple of 2s in it, no 1s.  Ah, optimism. 

Why is it that we always think we will finish faster than we actually do?  

Only the virtual stitching I do in my head as I look at a pattern, envisioning  the threads, cloth, pattern layout and stitches I might use,  works up faster than my fingers.  Every time!

Meanwhile I have taken out an old Just Nan wip which I hope I can feature as a finish for you next time.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the beautiful finish! I definitely understand you not wanting to change the date :-)

    ReplyDelete