Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blackbird Designs: Crowning the Tree


From finish to frame in 5 minutes. I finished my adaptation of a Blackbirds Designs stocking to a small picture that fits inside a 5 by 7 frame. 
 
 I  added some beads: Delica 103, Gold Red Luster. 2 color substitutions were made.    The cloth is 36 ct Flax.  The eyelets were modified.  The design was shifted.  

The design count was modified to make the sides more proportional to the height so it would fit a 5 by 7 frame more evenly.

The frame was one I had on hand.  I buy up inexpensive frames when I find some I like at great prices.  They come in handy.

5 comments:

  1. How pretty! The frame matches so nicely with the threads, too! Very nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done - I love when the design can be converted to match the needs and wishes of the stitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great finish. I'm still waiting for my pattern to arrive. Have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's terrific! It's wonderful the way that you made it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I didn't buy the pattern because I didn't want to make any small stockings, but this came out really nice. I guess I'll give it a try one of these days!

    ReplyDelete