I am posting a day or so early because I don't think I will get any further along on this between now and the report date. So while I have time to work with the pictures here is my first WIPocalypse post.
I hauled out this really old Wip: Martina Weber's Dragonfly Quilt Row A all blocked up. At the time I started this I was fairly new to Martina Weber's great designs. The size of the entire quilt intimidated me so I decided to attack it in manageable chunks: arrangements in blocks of 4 with the border framing them.
Here is a close up of Block 2 where I picked up again in response to the WIPocalypse challenge.
And now TA-DA! I have had a thoroughly enjoyable few days of working on this, loving even the parts of the stitching that I remembered hating when I put this down years ago.
The border is not completely filled in with the funky stitches but it is marching along to the bottom half of the piece. Block 2 is completely finished. YAY!
Onto the bottom half! I can begin to imagine that I might even finally finish this this year. This piece will be framed as soon as it can be at that point. I am not putting this away in the map chest drawers with so many other pieces.
Thank you, Measi, for the challenge. I don't think I would have hauled this out without it.