Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wips: The Week in Review

I behaved well last week in staying with some wips but I am really tempted by something new. Since I wasn't sure what exactly, I tried some tricks to stay with the current projects.

The first trick was working my way down to the first band of color on the Nonesuch Sampler.  Excuse the threads leading off to the sides.  I just wanted to work with some color.  I didn't trust my ability to count correctly on the 50 ct so I started each band on my way down.

I also realized that I don't have enough eterna color 10 (ecru) to finish the all the whitework.  I may not even have enough left to finish the band I started with it (below the big dull diamonds).  That shows you how long ago I started this: eterna was still easily available then. 

I need to go through all of my wips to see if that sort of thing will be an issue with any of them concerning their threads.

Diving into my stash I found the next closest color, which is still whiter than the ecru.  I have 2 skeins of that.  That should be enough.   One good thing about not completing the bands all the way through - it will be easier to integrate the new, slightly different color to make it look like more of a design choice than the OH NO! *face palm* that it is.

But even that bit of blue wasn't enough to keep me interested for long.  It was also too small.  Those xes are really tiny.  I didn't get that sense with the satin stitches over several threads in the bands above.

I wanted something I could see!  It doesn't shine like the eterna colors but it is 1 strand over 2 on 36 ct which seems like canvas holes by comparison.
I took my Blackbird Designs 2011 Loose Feathers Summer back out.

We will see how much further I get.  It is still not fitting the mood I am in.  I wish I knew what I was looking for!

2 comments:

  1. Your WIPs are looking great. Hopefully you will come up with the project that fits your mood at the moment. Anyway both are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to find your blog! Yeah, sometimes it's hard to know what you really want to stitch on... but you're doing fine with the BBD, it's looking great! Also like your Christmas Garden further down - as I mentioned (more than once probably) on N&T, I'm completely mesmerized by that at the moment :-)

    ReplyDelete